Wednesday, April 28, 2010

now we've got to do it...

...because we bought our plane tickets. We found some very affordable flights to Seattle on May 19th (shortly after Tom's graduation). When we get there, we will have about a month to get our food all figured out and boxed up before hitting the trail.

I spent this past weekend at the Young Alum Event at Green Mountain College. Everyone wanted to know when we were leaving (actually, a lot of people thought we had already done it...) and it seems that every single person knows someone (who knows someone) who has hiked (at least some of) the Pacific Crest Trail. There were lots of jokes about what we were going to eat, and lots of questions about mileage and if we were excited. As it gets closer and closer, I am getting nervous and a bit scared. When so many people are interested in what I am doing it makes me anxious. But I have been doing a whole lot of educational reading in my copious amounts of spare time lately, and I am learning all sorts of exciting things about resupply points, planning our itinerary, bears, and gear. Very, very exciting...

No comments:

Post a Comment