Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's coming!

Posted by Jenna

I have been PCT shopping focused lately- trying to pick up the last few things needed for the trip. Today I got very excited about a great sale on granola bars, haha.

I saw our countdown the other day and kind of freaked out- only about 30 days left! My mind is consumed with planning- thinking about caloric intake, trail food, and resupplies. The other day I got a fantastic card from my mom's good friend Joanne, who graciously made a donation to the "Help Jenna Not Starve on the PCT" fund. Then my best friend Lindy bought Tom and I a great supply of individually packaged jam, which absolutely rocks. Things are looking up on the food front!

On Thursday I am heading up to Vermont to spend a few days with Tom before he graduates on Saturday. We are heading back to Massachusetts on Sunday, and then we fly out to Seattle on Wednesday. Oh my!

My parents left this morning for a two week teaching tour down south, so I said goodbye to them (don't worry mom- I will survive!) I still haven't quite come to terms with the fact that this is really happening...

No comments:

Post a Comment