Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hiking Songs

A good way to keep away bears, and to maintain some semblance to sanity, is to sing while hiking. And because I think Jenna would push me off a cliff if all I sang was Little Wayne, I am now on the hunt for good hiking songs. If you have any, please pass them along. Below is a classic that my dad taught me.

The Happy Wanderer
Val-der-ri, val-der-ra
Val-der-ri, val-der-ra ra ra ra ra ra
Val-der-ri, val-der-ra
(sing the last line of the verse)
I love to go a-wandering
Along the mountain track
And as I go, I love to sing
My knapsack on my back
I love to wander by the stream
That dances in the sun
So joyously it calls to me
Come join my happy song
I wave my hat to all I meet
And they wave back at me
And blackbirds call so loud and clear
From every greenwood tree
Oh, may I go a-wandering
Until the day I die
And may I always laugh and sing
Beneath God's clear blue sky

1 comment:

  1. hello there i will be joining the trail near the end of july down by mammoth lakes for an internship really excited hope our paths cross cross.
    i find i like "Tool" as i walk along and generally everything Maynard's music =)

    ReplyDelete